Thursday, September 20, 2012

Maybelline BB Stick Review

After my first haul post, here come's my first product review post! Slowly taking baby steps.. yep!

I have mentioned in my First Haul post that I bought the Maybelline BB Stick instead of the BB Cream. I just wanted to try something new. I also mentioned that I was intrigued by it because its in a stick form rather that the conventional cream. This review is based on my own experience with the product. :) 


Price = P249
The Product claims:
12 Hour Anti Shine Powder in a Sti k
8 in 1 Skin Transformer

Controls shine - Mineral Clay formula helps keep skin shine-free all day
Lasts all day - Powder Finish, resists sweat and sebum up to 12 hours
Clears - Reduces the appearance of dark spots, redness, fine lines and wrinkles
Refines - Reduces the appearance of pores
Conceals - Instantly hides flaws and imperfections
Evens - Corrects uneven skin tone
Smoothens - Makes skin feel smooth, soft and supple
Protects - SPF21/PA+++ protects harmful UVA and UVB rays.

Here's what I think: 

The product is convenient in the sense that you can bring it anywhere because of its size, you can just put it in your bag and it doesn't consume much space. Its packaging makes it easy to use and less messy to apply.
It comes in two shades: Fair and Radiance. I bought the one in Radiance since I don't have fair skin. 
This is how long the product goes. A good 1 and 1/2 inch.  
Thats the before and after. I decided to post a picture with my face wearing the bb stick alone so you could see clearly. Of course with blush, powder and stuffs like that, it will be better.
Observations:
1. The BB Stick has a matte finish. 
2. For those who have oily skin, this product is good for you guys since it will lessen the shine plus it doesn't have a dewy effect so its not sticky and its not heavy to wear. 
3. Its texture, when applied and blended on skin, is actually powdery. 
4. It has good coverage. It lessens the appearance of skin imperfections.
5. It doesn't really stay all day (12 hours as what it claims). Maybe a good 5-8 hours (for me). But for oily skin, just set it up with powder of bring you trusty powder with you to retouch or something. :)

So far, that is all that I can say about the product. I've used it for almost 2 weeks already and Its okay to use.  But since I have normal skin, I'm thinking of sticking to dual powder foundations. (hahahaha!) But if ever I change my mind, I'd buy it again. after all, its not a bad product :)

Special shout out to Ile of A Hint of Sunlight for requesting this review :) 

PLUS! HERE'S A VIDEO ON THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MAYBELLINE'S BB STICK AND BB CREAM! 


lovelove,


Sheena Fiel 

36 comments:

  1. I wonder if ..... di ba siya mahirap kapag inispread mo na sa face mo? may iilan kaseng products na ganon... too sticky.

    lavinajampit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really know with the other products pero hindi nman xa mahirap e.spread and e.blend. Its not sticky at all nman. :)

      Delete
  2. Good Review ,this Stick work great :)
    Can we follow each other? :)

    Lovely Greetings ,kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for appreciating my review :) Of course, I can follow you :)

      Delete
  3. Great review! I haven't seen a BB stick before yet! :)

    xo - Sheila

    If you have time, please come by and check out my blog! And maybe follow?
    http://sheislovely1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wooow O.o! I wish we has such a BB stick over here in my country too! (I started to like foundation sticks when I lived in Japan and I'm sure I would love the BB stick!)

    xxx Lara
    http://rockteraptor.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh! I hope you do try this one. Its really an awesome find :)

      Delete
  5. Hi :) ,thank you for the Comment! where you follow? if you want follow with GFC i want follow back :)
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. no lo he probado pero lo hare! tiene muy buena pinta


    pasate por mi blog que tengo nuevo outfit
    http://sweet-perdition.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha! Thank you for the shout out! I was really curious about this BBcream stick. I'm now convinced to put it in my list of things to buy. and thank you for the link to the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Problem :) Glad I was able to help you :)

      Delete
  8. Hi, sweetie, nice post)
    i like your blog
    maybe follow each other?

    http://matr0sha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review dear :) First time I've heard of and seen a BB stick. Hehe. I think it's better since it's compact and can easily be brought anyway in your bag/purse. Thanks a lot for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm already following you via GFC, hope you'll follow back <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hm, I think i prefer their bb cream in the squeeze type format :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its really just personal preference :) Thank you for dropping by :)

      Delete
  11. Hello, it's a nice blog! Love it! <3
    Btw, wanna follow each other? ;)

    sausanhanifah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never tried this though I used their palettes and other stuff. But it looks nice. Let me try this. thanks for sharing! :) By the way i'm following you! Hope you'll follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for appreciating my review :) Im also following you :)

      Delete
  13. Hi sis! thanks for visiting my blog! :) BTW I nominated you for the Liebster award! :)

    http://daintybabymd.blogspot.com/2012/09/liebster-award-nomination-update.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. How I really like to try that BB stick, I have oily skin and I think that will be great for my skin.

    new follower here.

    please to visit my blog

    http://pinkmommy3030.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! Try it! :) It might work for you :) I already followed you :)

      Delete
  15. I bet I should try this one! Great review btw. I'm a new follower! You are awesome, keep it up! :) Hoping you'll check and follow my blog too :)

    http://geekindapiink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing this! I've seen this at Watson but they didn't have tester around so I was quite hesitant to purchase it as I'm not sure if the shades does fits me. Great review ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, they do have only two shades though, the Fair and Radiance. :)

      Delete

Share your thoughts :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...